Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Been So Very Long

Pardon my absence. I was preparing for my stand-up performance, and I think I did pretty well, for what it's worth.



That's not exactly why I wanted to post. My main reason is that I've come across an incredibly awful thing this morning. A man, if you want to call him that, violates a woman on a New York subway by rubbing his condom-sheathed dick against her. It was all on camera, and she stood up and took him to police. Duh. That's what you do; you don't need to be recognized as some sort of hero because you did what anyone should have done. Not only that, but she's a New York woman. Of course she has the brass balls to do something about it.

I don't like to generalize, and I really hate to sound as though I'm intolerant, but I guess you could say I truly am. Illegal immigrants are by far some of my least favorite people. I feel no sympathy when there are stories about the children going into college, then being removed because their parents from Mexico couldn't study for citizenship in the United States. I really don't care about our country's issues much, but when it comes down to people who have to clutter up our shit just because they want to live free or whatever the reason, I'm strongly against it. I'm tired of their inability to speak English, I can't stand the way they act, and I'm certainly not going to tolerate a guy on a subway with his covered prick pressing up against a woman.

One of my most favorite intellectuals of our time, one who goes by the name "Maddox," stated his opinion about wages for illegal immigrants. His argument is that if immigrants are given the same wages as a legal citizen, it "eliminates the incentive these companies have had to hire illegal immigrants in the first place." Truly, it's not the immigrants' faults that jobs are being taken. They're there to do the work, after all. The reason why this shit is still around is because companies hire them for less to do the shitty work we wouldn't want to do anyway. It's a great big way of saying "We don't give a shit about you, unless you save us money."

Anyway, I'm ending it here. I'm tired and hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment